Friday, March 15, 2013

Update + Before and After

Well I'm still working towards getting my makeup right. The last critique I was bolder lashes and to define my eyebrows.

Despite having a new brand of lash which I suppose I should really invest in curling my lashes a bit more, they're aren't quite as bold as I thought. At least the tops ones. The bottom ones are a tad long for my liking so I may trim them a bit. I do have some other top lashes I can try. This was done about a week ago. I'm glad my skills aren't so terrible after six months of not even putting on makeup. Style wise, still working on it. Mom's gonna help me make a homemade dress form, which will be helpful with making tops and well dresses. And boy do I have plans for dresses. This should also help me waste less fabric trying to do things through trial and error. It's not that I don't know my measurements but I can't exactly pin fabric to my body. I've been thinking a lot about the styles I really do like and I've decided that I'm gonna have a base style. 
What does that mean? Simply. I'm going to goth versions of my favorite styles. Yes there is Goshikku Gyaru which I like very much and will probably have this as an everyday style, but the other styles like Amkekaji, himekaji, Onee Gyau and now definitely hime gyaru, they will just be a little more goth influenced. Now don't get me wrong I will still have the respective color pallets for each. And I very much like my pastels in spring. I have a couple pieces that will look great in summer. But I figured it was different, from my point of view. I'm still working on losing weight and feel these substyles are doable with my body type. Right now the best curves I have are the girls. But I have other assets that I work while hiding the not so flattering parts. Truthfully I've never been more excited and going through Violet's tutorials I have a lot of ideas for some fabrics that I haven't gotten around to using. Now I'm still missing some key pieces. More specifically, some nice shorts, light wash jeans. Blazers and good bras. ^^;; Also some shapewear would be lovely. I have come to the conclusion that until all the weight is off or I manage to make one I won't have many cute bras. Being DDD is not remotely fun. But enough about that. 
Also looking to get more sandals and open toed heels. I've always loved a good heel, but have mostly stuck to some boots. 

I also want to make some contributions to the Gal community in someway. Although my make is not quite perfect. I am a crafty girl and I thought it would be great to do some sewing tutorials. And other crafts of course. Really itching to get some new lenses, and new lens tweezers. The ones I have are too thin and the "padding" if it could called that is not ideal. I've got quite a bit on my plate, but I feel invigorated for the first time in a long while...that may have something to do with the fact that I'm damn near kicking thirty in ass, to quote my brother. I'm just glad I don't look it lol. Hopefully by summer I'll be driving. If I new any gals, new or other wise within the South Jersey/Philly area that would be great. And it would be lovely to start a Gal-Sa, but if I am driving I would be content with maybe heading to NYC to hang out with some of the great Gals up there. I'm going to fix my header a bit. Even though I own a white wig haha. But I want something more polished ya know? And I have to work on my Graphic Design skills ( I have like very little. ORZ). 
Hopefully next Post will be a little more exciting with more pictures, even if it's just makeup or my current little thing which is making nail sets for myself. trying to grow out my own, but until they're long enough, false nails are always good. 


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are almost thirty years old. Lord am I jealous of your genes! T_T

    ReplyDelete