Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review: One 'n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask

So last week I tried the Argan oil hydrating hair mask. It was a small sample that I picked up from a local beauty supply store. Now considering that I don't have as much hair anymore since shaving my head down. Undercut an all. This was pretty okay. Excuse my non-made up face and wild hair to come.
This is the packet. It's small. First impressions. I didn't think it would be enough for the amount of hair that I had. Should've done some size comparison shots. But it's a little bigger than my hand. 

Pre-shower hair. Top half is kinda oily. Lower half, mostly ends  dry.
My always dry out first.  Sure my hair would be a lot bigger if it weren't for my undercut ^^;; 

You can kinda see the dryness. 

After shower pre-mask. Sorry for the. Fogginess. Shower steam still swirling. 

Texture shot. 

So I read the directions, a couple times. And didn't follow the  5-10 minute rule. Now let me say this. It smells so nice.
Like it smells like...a really good cologne. And the smell lasts a while on the hair. I mean it's been a week since I used it.  Only when someone is close ( actually sniffing my hair ) will you notice it. But it is really pleasant.
 I didn't get any shots of the product in my hair or the contents in the package. It's white and looks like conditioner. And I had just enough for my hair.

After shots below. I notice there is less frizz happening than my hair normally has after a wash.

 Now before I put in my regular hair oils in, which is to seal in moisture. My hair felt very clean and soft. However I don't know long how long the hydration is supposed to last. Now this may just be me and my particular hair. But if I don't oil my hair shortly after a hair it will start to dry out.  I keep my hair in braids on a day to day when I'm not leaving the house. I will say my hair doesn't feel nearly as oily as it usually does, which is a plus. The top part near my scalp has the least amount of product, oiling wise, but it doesn't feel nearly as dried out, especially since my scarf never stays on at night .___.;.

Final Review:
Price:  9/10
Only because I know there are other sample size products for hair that cost less. But this is Argan oil so it's not cheap

Hydration: 10/10.
I used very little product near my scalp and roots, but the hair still feels nice even a week later.

Packaging: 8/10.
This is being sold in a local beauty supply store where 98% of the customers are Black. While I understand it's a sample size, I think they don't take into account the differences in length or thickness each woman's hair is. Even with my current hair workings, My hair is thick and a little more would have definitely been ideal.

Overall: 9/10
Just two minor things really, but I'd highly recommend this, and in the near future plan to try out more Argan oil products. And would buy this mask again.









No comments:

Post a Comment