Monday, March 25, 2013

Mystical Gal

Silver Lotus bowl holding both fire and water.




I don't really talk about my religion with anyone that doesn't already know. And I figured it would be nice to share a small portion with you guys. It is definitely nice to see Gals who fall under the Pagan umbrella.

I identify as a witch, I guess eclectic would be the best description. I pull and learn from different polytheistic religions. Voodoo is present on both sides of my family as well. I know there are a few Gals who are probably under the Pagan umbrella, which is nice to see. I don't feel so isolated. Now I may not going give out spells or anything like that ^^; But from time to time I may share results or ideas from time to time. And maybe even my tarot readings. But I felt compelled to share with you all, so you can get to know me a little better. I wanted to share one of my established spots with you. I have two others I need to finish. I'm not Wiccan, but it is where I first started.



Just a couple pictures of my altar. It's still dressed for winter ^^;; I need to fix that. Since my particular beginnings started with Wicca I still keep elemental representations in their respective directions mostly out of habit. But It's mine and I'm proud of it.  There is shelving next to which needs to be organized but is housing my Ganesh Statute. I plan to make the top look really lovely though not sure how yet. Probably with gold and silver. Under the altar I keep a plethora of herbs and spices. A lot more I need to include when I have the funds, but I'm quite pleased with the collection so far. And the bottom of the shelving unit houses my books. I am really into herbs, and have quite a few books on them, learning their different uses both for internal and external. I'll do a separate post later on what herbs I do have. I have several tarot deck. My standard stays on the altar in a bag, the others need bags but currently reside on the shelf. And I of course have a small collection of crystals and stones. I prefer very simplistic ways of doing things. Too many distractions to attempt any sort of elaborate ritual, for the time being. But nothing has to be difficult. And even something simple can be a ritual itself.

I'll post more about this here and there.


3 comments:

  1. Aaaawww yiiiissss. This is right up my alley! You may or may not know already but I also fall under the pagan term. More specifically I'm a kemetic (or learning to be). Kemetics do the whole ancient Egyptian gods and goddess worship. I started out with wicca as well. I rarely post about my religion b/c I don't wanna scare people off (even though it isn't scary lol). Maybe I will post more things on it. You have inspired me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's hard to talk about sometimes because you never know how it will make someone feel or what they'll say. I need to learn more about Kemetic practices. I'll definitely post more about it in the future. Like my other altars and maybe do something like an herb of the week or month.

      Delete
  2. I'm not really religious but of course I respect all paths that bring peace and love. (Corny I know but it's the truth lol )

    ReplyDelete