Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Gyaru Questions.

Just some questions I have.


How closely do you Gal's follow the current trends?

For me personally since there aren't many plus Gyaru Models I have slightly different rules I need to follow clothing wise. But I personally don't like the idea of following an outfit right to the T either. I know some Gal's will wear the same outfit their fave model wears with no deviation. And it personally irks my soul, even you look good. I don't understand it.

Which leads to the next question.
 If you do follow trends, what percentage of it is incorporated into your wardrobe/coordinate?

Not every trend is that great and some past trends still work well to me. I still have fox tails. ( Actually I had one before they were hottest thing to get...and I know that sounds hipsterish, I'm being honest....I am also not a hipster .____.)

How about color palates?
It seems every style has set colors and maybe even prints that I see little deviation from, Aside from wanting a particularly goth wardrobe that I can use in each of my preferred styles or wear just as is. I also love my colors whether it's clothes, makeup or hair. And I'm no stranger to either bright and bold or soft pastels. With the exception of maybe gyaru kei or Amekaji, some styles seem to have the same color schemes and pattern usage. For example. Onee Gyaru. I mostly see black, white, brown, silvers, some animal print, usually leopard. Maybe I'm missing some Western Gal's who break out of this color scheme but what about cobalt blues or mustard yellow?

And with makeup in mind.
Is it possible to do gyaru makeup with some colors beside maybe pink, neutral tones, and blacks, greys, silvers and gold?

My favorite colored eye shadow is electric eel ( which is bright as fuck blue) and I wore it like a fiend. I also really like blue color palates since I have brown eyes. It makes my eyes pop. I guess it's hard to and one would have to sit down and really think about how it would fit with an outfit. Though I have seen a few gals do other colors, there isn't a whole lot.

Hair color....well there isn't much I can say. I have seen a lot when it comes to gyaru and hair. I've seen wild and I've seen tame in a whole spectrum of colors. And wigs are one of the best things ever, whether you have "natural" ( browns, black, blondes, and some reds) hair colors and want a easy change without out totally committing or unnatural and need something a little more natural for another style. The possibilities are quite endless if you know what you're doing. And there are tons of tutorials online to follow on youtube.

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to fashion I'm not so petite myself,so I dress according to my bodyshape. When it comes to fashion trends, if there is a trend let's say pastel mint and pastel pink which is hot right now and I'm not comfy in those bright colors,I'll wear those colors in accessories instead. Make up: makeup is easy if you know how to do gyaru make up,I actually did a little makeup inspo for a friend of mine with purple instead of my basic colors. Just switch out your darkest colors with the darkest color of the desired color you want to wear ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. How closely do you Gal's follow the current trends?

    I am 5'5 and some change 34B-26-36 and I weight about 125. I attempt to wear what flatters my body trend or not. I'm not considered thick (you know like Bria Myles) so even though I have a feminine body I like to highlight the little curves I do have. Which is why I take what I like when it comes to style/trends of any place western or gyaru. I'm also not a follow the rules type of girl because that is freaking boring for me. I like to be creative but pretty. I usually am attracted to reds, pinks, creams, neutrals and soft colors so I usually end up getting softer colors like pastels but sometimes a bright or black catches my eyes. When it comes to makeup it depends on my mood. I love glitter and I have them in many colors. Hair I wig it and I rock blonde. Men love it and women act nicer to me in Blonde I guess because the see men are watching. I also like the color 4/27/30 on me.

    I love your blog by the way I have been reading and commenting on the posts this week. May I take your questions and use them as blog pieces for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it :3. Yes you can use my questions on your blog.

      Delete