Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The weight loss post.

Weight loss is hard. It is very trying and there are tons of things that have to be considered before hand. I see a lot of Gals blogging about it, but mine is a rather on going problem. I know how to do the work, and what I must do. But my struggles lie mostly with food. While my body hasn't rejected all forms of unhealthy food. I am proud to say that soda and overly processed candy are things that I can give up. I know where I can get my need for fizz and sweet, without sacrificing. Now I do not diet. Dieting is stupid. I prefer the lifestyle change, which honestly I'm trying to impose on my family. My mother especially since she wants to lose weight. But she has to make the transition on her own.

At current I am 220 lbs..just 4 lbs away from my highest which was about 4 years ago. It only recently began going back and I refused to be this heavy. Having a job now should help with some of that. Even if it's only part time. I'm on my feet for at least 5 hours a day. With pay day coming up I have some things I need to get. Including Arch supports. Right now this is probably the biggest need for exercise. I am very flat footed which makes cardio rather difficult to get through. And at the end of a work day my heels hurt for hours. Being heavy and being flat footed is really a terrible combination. And unless we have water bottles in the house. I don't even bother with water.

The reason food remains a problem is poor eating habits. When I had the leisure of going to bed at 3 and 4 in the morning there was no question I was eating something late. Usually between 12-2. Not to mention my dad always keeps cookies or donuts in the house....which is probably my biggest weakness. And I typically would typically eat them at the computer.


So how will I be fixing this....Now because I'm considerably over weight I do have a goal. But I'm deciding not to list it because I'm older and I don't know how my body will look. Not to mention I don't want to start burning myself out the way I did years ago. I would do mostly morning workouts, but having to be at work at 9 some days, that's cutting it close to do a work out at 8 in the morning. So a workout afterward won't be hard. Any days I work later than 9 and it's possible for me to do at least a 30 minute work out. In total I would love to do 1-2 hours of working out. I have plenty of workout vids and I learned that soon a bellydance class will be taught at the rec. center near my house. Love bellydance. I know cardio is really the best for burning fat, even if I can't get some jogging in, which I would only do if my brother comes with me. Dancing and youtube is really my best friend. Because of my body type ( which is adrenal) A lot of my issues also stem from stress and not enough sleep. I am supposed to actually get 9 hours of sleep but it's very difficult even if I go to bed at a decent time. I can usually wake up with just 6 hours without my alarm. Lately I'm getting 7 to 8 hours. If I can sacrafice my eleven o'clock tv time I can get about 9 hours.

The food situation...I'm most likely going to have for go having at least red meat before dinner time. I just have to find recipes that are good and healthy. I only get a 15 minute break at work so I also need quick meals. And I need to stop with the white bread. It's really terrible. But because my family is frugal ( not to mention they really just seem to like white bread.) So I'm gonna have to take at least 100 dollars at some point and just buy enough mostly for err, break food which could be lunch or dinner. And There are a lot of flavors I want to try . I also need to get on with doing some meditation and yoga, I am not as flexible as I used to be. My mind is always racing too, and I need to take time for it to be quiet and relax.


Plan of Action. 

  • Get a britta filter water bottle for daily use
  • Occasionally treat myself with home made sweets or dark chocolate. 
  • Work out 2 hours a day. 
  • Make sure to cook a meal at least 2 hours in advance for work purposes. 
  • Eat more Fruits and Veggies
  • No more koolaid or powdered "drinks." 
  • Raw Sugar and Stevia
  • Goat's milk and Almond milk
  • Learn to go to bed earlier
  • Yoga and meditation daily 

This seems like I won't have much time to myself to be honest. Minus days off. And I know there won't be many of those when I start school. But it takes 21 days to form a habit. So I gotta get to work on this asap. 

Goal: Honestly I just want to be fit and healthy. I'm not gonna set a number goal in terms of weight or even body fat percentage. Well not publicly. It's in my mind already. And I hope to reach it. 

Current Status: Struggling but trying to keep up with at least weight lifting, till I get get my arch supports. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your style and you are very creative, I love your hair. Kisses and hugs.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gorgeous~ I grabbed your tag. Gonna put you on my links if that's okay. And also don't worry! We will lose weight together! I have faith in us~!

    http://yumicakesbby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine. I'll add you to mine. :3 Yes we will definitely get to our goals. I just joined a gym this morning.

      Delete