Monday, May 13, 2013

Social life beginnings.

So I have been enjoying my job immensely even with the occasionally persnickety/weird/crazy customer. But my co-workers are rather enjoyable to be around. I've been there a month already. ( Can't believe it's been that long already.) So my second month there would fall on my birthday.

Of course with a job also comes a paycheck. Which I've been slightly better at holding on to my money. Now if I were to work full-time I'd probably have a lot more than what I currently get, but they only were offering part-time so...it's all gravy for now. But Friday was the first time I've hung out with a friend in probably....a year or two...which is really a long time to not see anyone. Most of my social interactions are done online, so this was a nice change of pace. I didn't get all fancy because I went right after work and had no time. I didn't even have a camera on me and my phone died...next time I'll remember to keep my charger on me when I'm gonna be going out. So Friday I went to the Willingboro Mart with my friend Rehannah and her friend Anthony ( yay for new friends.) He's pretty cool, and has that randomness that is tolerable, singing random game tunes, imitating voices from shows. My kind of people lol. Got a few things from Mart as well. Let's just say that I spent more than I had intended to, because those little things add up. But what can I say. I need some of them. Never got around to going to Target. I needed to get some shorts...so hopefully next payday that will happen. -crosses fingers- I also got some sweets from the Amish since they're in the mart almost all the time...They make the best fucking red velvet cake ever. It doesn't have that weird after taste that most red velvet cakes have. Also picked up a Michonne figurine for my mom for mother's day.

After leaving the mart, we headed to Tokyo Blue. It's a nice little Japanese restaurant and for the first time in forever I could actually pay for my own food that wasn't like McDonalds. They had pink lemonade which was quite awesome. I really enjoy lemonade. Rehannah and Anthony both had green tea. The meals were quite delish. Again I was the odd man out with appetizers. The only one with soup lol. But I love Miso soup. And that bow was so perfect even if I mostly ate the broth. I kinda can't wrap my head around eating just tofu if it isn't mixed in some way. And I didn't eat the seaweed. I should have though. Everyone had something different when it came to the main meal, but we all shared. Rehannah had Chicken Katsu. Which I need to learn how to make...because it was delicious. Light, but still crispy. Not greasy at all. Anthony had Shrimp Yakisoba. Now...I wasn't a big fan of the shrimp...which is odd because I really do like shrimp. Something about the way it was flavored. Me I had beef teriyaki. Now I asked for Medium well...what I got was medium rare. I could have sent it back, but I didn't want to make big fuss and I ain't sick or dead from eating medium rare. I have to say it was quite different. But it was tender and flavorful. It wasn't a sweet teriyaki like I make at home, but still enjoyable.

For dessert we all had tempura banana and ice cream. I can't really get behind green tea ice cream as I've been put off by the idea on a couple of occasions, but it was pretty good with Vanilla. But it was almost too much banana.

We went back to Rehannah's house afterward. Watched a couple movies. Iron Sky was...interesting. It wasn't the worse in the world but it was a wtf kind of movie. The ending was best though.
Then we watched The Bodyguard which was an action/comedy movie. I cannot for the life of me remember where it hails from country wise. It was pretty good though.

Now there was also anime...I don't know what day we are doing this, but we watched squid girl...and her mannerisms are sea/squid related. ( Stuff like inkvasion and oh my squid.) We have now decided we're gonna have a night where we take shots for every one of those she does. Which means we're gonna be fucked up. I am almost gonna propose I go over on a Thursday night just so I can drink without worry.
Managed to live through 5 minutes of Hetalia....I don't even know what the fuck is happening in that anime. It's just....no I can't. How it became popular is beyond me.

Guin Saga....was interesting. It's about some twin children ( Prince and  Princess) and they're on a quest to bring sovereignty to their country once more. So far they've met up with a man who has a leopard's head. The prince is a pansy and a half. I understand they're children and all, but, he does a lot of whining.


Saturday I went to walmart with my parents. Picked up some things. And started breaking in my new sneakers. Love them so much. Also went to The supermarket. Picked up some whole grain bread, synergy and some seven day candles. After all this I'm not broke lol. Even though I had some things on ebay I had to pay for and even signed up for a gym. The money I can spend...eh that I don't have much of. My savings are all good though. Debating on whether or not I want to get a credit card. Maybe I'll get one on my birthday.

New phone. 

new earrings 



new watch 

I bought two boxes of these. They're an indulgence. Thin as hell and so yummy 


Everything but the mouth wash is all natural. Will be doing reviews on the mouth wash
and the conditioner. 

New incense. Charcoal discs and one of the black candles. 

I look forward to what I'm sure will be my newest addiction. 

New Glam Pie Sneakers and some Ivory wedges my mother bought me . 

New work out shorts. An infinity scarf and a skull bandanna. 

Okay so these are all handmade. These are my leggings. I really had fun making them. They're almost complete. The purple and black pair need to be hemmed and need elastic. The blue ones have to have a gusset added ( they were the first pair I made so they had the most mistakes.)

I also have some new sunglasses which will be featured in another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment