Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mentally underwhelmed.

Not leaving the house on a somewhat consistent basis, is very depressing. I've actually still been to scared to leave my house since the incident two weeks ago. Even if there's a chance of encountering those assholes again It's only the second time in my life I've been threatened. The fact that it was racially charged makes it worse. So I apologize for the lack of social posts lol. Me and a best friend had a bit of a heated discussion. Well I consider it heated because it's the first time I feel she's actually been angry at me..like seriously angry. But it made me realize that I don't get a lot of intellectual conversation no matter what the topic it is. True to my geminian nature, I crave knowledge, I love to learn. Even though she's right, we're in a time where certain things there is very little energy to spare on certain topics, I don't have anyone to really converse with on regular basis about anything I find particularly interesting. I feel like someone would either get bored with me,  piss me off, or I'll be in a position where I may not have an answer and possibly look stupid. 

A conversation like I had tonight makes me feel as if I should keep things to myself though. Something I'm used to, but really wish I didn't have to do, more often than not it's personal things, but when it's not personal it just feels lonely. Not that the feeling is completely alien to me either. 

I think right now I'll do just that. Keep things and opinions to myself at least when conversing with friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you. I don't have anyone I can talk to female wise about issues, concerns, interests and just how was your week let's meet up for brunch kind of friendship. I went off on my close friends via my private facebook out of love. I just got tired of every time they called they wanted to complain about their boyfriends. It was depressing and upsetting. They haven't called me since which is fine but I do want a true female friendship instead of just depending solely on my mate. At least I still have the internet to meet strangers, make e-friends to talk about my interests lol XD

    ReplyDelete