Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Evolution



Alright as I stated in a previous post I would show you the evolution of my hair and makeup. I decided doing it all in one fell swoop would be easier than trying to do two separate ones. Man going through these old photos.... 

So the first batch were the last of me having dreadlocks and after I cut them off I needed a wig which my friend helped me do :3. 
I only had my nostril pierced so I was probably about 19 here. I was  really into Kat Von D's  face tattoos. I did them with liquid liner . I stopped when other people started doing it. 

This was the first quick weave I ever had. I don't have that bunny barrette anymore.  And apparently not smiling was a thing for me. ( Not that I was happy to begin with.) I was still just barely grasping makeup. 

I was also very into scene hair/style so the back is teased and I have one of those little crowns. 

I was probably about 19 or 20 here. I didn't wear my wig anymore since I got my first flat iron. I was still drawing stars at this point. Still no smile. 

You can see my fuzzy leg warmers in the background. That fringe from the first  picture is very much present.




From 20 to 21. By now you should know I was a bit of a cam whore. I was over weight ( though from these pictures you can't really tell.) But I was fairly uncomfortable with taking full body shots. 
I think I stopped with the face " tattoos" after I turned 21 but I was about 20 here.
My eyeliner was pretty good here. And the Bat necklace was from my mama. And I wore it everyday. 

I think was probably the first wig I bought. Pastel colors are easier  for me to pull off. And I believe those are my first lashes. I still have that stuffed Lamb who had been affectionately named Ruka. 




This is a wig I made. I was working at the time. And this was a day off.  Those are my reading glasses, which I managed to lose....Not sure how. 

This wasn't my wig, at an ex-friend's house. I was a big fan of pink eye shadow .
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

This was my not my 21 first birthday but I was of age and if I'm not mistaken  going to my first drag show...Yes that is my friend in Drag behind me.



This was 22 through perhaps 23
I had gone to otakon, gotten my first tattoo, Managed to mess up my favorite wig, Made another wig and wore some rather curious things. 




 Not my bathroom, I didn't even realize it was in the picture before I posted it....least it's clean.
 This would have been a lot better if it wasn't blurry, but that was a poorly made dress. I am not even gonna front about this.
 Sort've smiling here.


This was pretty okay, makeup style wise...I was terrible at cutting bangs, but I still like it. This was even before circle lenses.


 The last two are the only full body shots I have from back then...and I don't even know what to tell you. I am really busty... and had the poorest sewing skills among other things.. I lost a lot of clothes that I really wish I had, they got lost in the move. 
Gonna show you the best pictures from the time before the move.


I really love these two photos. ( And I miss the hoodie and this jacket) But I had a lot better grasp on makeup by now. I hardly wore a full lash band if I wore lashes at all. I had stayed with just wearing gloss mostly. But I really enjoy these a lot. 



 Now this was months before the move. I was into Udoli ( which I still love just haven't done). I still have this hat. Makeup wasn't perfect but worlds better than when I started. ( I wish I had some of my makeup looks from high school. ) 



 Udoli makeup after the move. I still straightened my hair then. It was just about shoulder length. I cut my own bangs too. 

 This was either before or when I was working.  The one below I was working for sure. Only way I could afford some of my oddities. 




I was 22 in all these photos. Putting on makeup and taking pictures was the only pastime I had since I didn't have my own computer. 

This was my earliest attempt at gryaru. 



I really enjoy doing different looks. Again pastel wigs always suited me better. I'm sure I could wear other darker colors but I hate wasting money on wigs if they won't suit me. 


This was actually the second time I had cut my hair. I had wanted to reduce my use of heat when doing my hair but I was also very new to doing natural hairstyles. 
More Udoli makeup. I think this was my favorite. 

 Ushering in 2011 I actually had an Amy Winehouse wig and was chit chatting with a friend from NC. 
I look bored but I wasn't lol. Not Udoli makeup 


2011 was when I really did my makeup well. I want to apologize to anyone of latin descent. I was ignorant to the phrase Cultural Appropriation when I did this Sugar Skull makeup. Even though I really like it. But I had watched endless vids on doing makeup and was determined to be able to do the basics. As well as the extreme. 

 This is from 2012 if I'm not mistaken. I was on unemployment so I bought myself some clothes. This was probably the only full body shot I had really taken. Though for my particular body shape these weren't the best choices. But I don't look bad either. And apparently I had on one of my better bras. 





I was getting more into Gyaru makeup by now. Trying my best to get the makeup down. I had no photoshop and quite frankly I don't think I need it. Even for the blemishes I sometimes get. I am very much a fan of circle lenses and have quite a few pair over the last few years. Brown, Green, Pink, Purple and Gray. I've had a black pair but they made me look high or something. But so far I've worn these colors well, especially the grey ones. I will be getting more in the future. 

Now I've only got one from this year so far. But it's posted on my blog already haha. 

Hoping to have more looks beyond just hair and makeup. 


4 comments:

  1. So fun to see other peoples style transitioning through time! :D When I look at mine I usually go "ugh...what was I thinking?". I loved your cyber harajuku style with the pikachu backpack picture! So cute ^^ I noticed you and I have a similar bodyshape too,though you are a bit more blessed in the upper region :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I had the same thought. I really thought I looked good. Thank you, I miss the cyber harajuku look....might do it again one day.Still have the back pack and the hat lol. Being big breasted makes things rather difficult when I'm trying to make them look smaller than they are.

      Delete
    2. Hehe one day I might look back at gyaru and think "What was I thinking?? god!" too,but I feel pretty in the present and that matters more ^^ Embrace your breast size :P I'm a small B so I'll forever look like a prepubertal 14-year old wishing I had bigger boobs :P You can definately use the pikachu bag for gyaru though! :D

      Delete
    3. I am a DDD and it really isn't any fun. At all. If I were a DD or even just a D I would be a lot more content. When I hit puberty I started out at like a C cup. I'm really hoping they'll shrink some when I lose weight. My Pikachu bag would be more practical for time out with friends (even though I'm 25 lol.) I dunno if I'll still be doing Gyaru when I'm in my late 30's early 40's but I'm trying to still have fun with fashion and look good while I'm still young and can sorta get away with it.

      Delete