Thursday, April 18, 2013

College Prep

Alright this post is just as it states. Now College will start in fall and I'm not sure how work and college will work out. I know people do it but I'm not registered for classes yet. Needless to say I need not only new clothes but I need more up to date equipment. This is to keep me more organized since I've found another tablet that I sorta want...Not a cintiq....I can'd even begin to afford that not even an intuos 5 which would be nice but 800 bucks. I probably could get it when I start doing commissions. Anyways Let's start with my art needs.

A desktop. The HP Omni has pretty good reviews and is the least expensive option, with a 500 GB hard drive. I've never had my own hard drive, but my experience with space on a hard drive...definitely need more than I currently have on this laptop. This of course will be great for working at home and without having a hot ass box ( read: tower) under my desk. It's streamline and doesn't take up too much room which is another plus for me.








The Acer Aspire AS7250-3821. Now I know I have a laptop...and while the one I have is good for basic things, internet search and word pad etc. etc. It probably wouldn't be the best for college work. I simply don't have the room on my laptop for everything. I can't keep too much music on here and because I tend to multi-task with internet and my drawing programs ( when I had my tablet) It took a lot out of my laptop. The task manager said otherwise, but I go by what I see happening and not always what my task manager says. Not to mention my current laptop only has windows xp, which is fab, but not for college and since I have no doubt I'll probably need programs like photoshop, flash and various others. A new one would probably workout for the better.




The Wacome Bamboo. It's bigger, great reviews and comes witht the following programs
  • Corel Painter Essentials 
  • Adobe Photoshop Elements
  • Autodesk Sketchbook Express
  • Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE3
  • Definitely looking forward to this. The pen also looks a lot more stable, but still will have to treat it with care. It's under 200 so I can't complain too much. Most likely will have this before I get the new laptop or desktop. 


The other things I need, I'm not really gonna get pictures of. Which really all I need are some sketch books. A sharpener for my prisma color pencils and a blender. Rulers maybe some new bristol boards and if I'm lucky some A4 paper. I may invest in my own printer at some point. Only because it would be less of a hassle. Of course it would be an all in one printer. -shrugs- 


Now onto the fashion part. The idea is that I won't have to throw out the entirety of my closet. Since September is like 5 months away and I'm trying to lose weight I have clothes I can still wear...now the problem is are they...gyaru worthy. Winter is almost a given that I'll wear mostly black because of the weather. Which is great for Goth gyaru. But I want to amp it up a little more. The other problem...my job. Not that it's a problem, but there is a dress code I have to follow, which isn't hard, it's just this is going to be a first for me. The last time I had a job, I never did anything before I actually had to go to work so I was always in either pajamas or pulled on whatever if I had to go somewhere before hand. This also means I'll probably have less days to work, most of them I'm sure will be days I don't have school depending on what that schedule looks like. Can gothic amekaji be a thing? lol. I have an idea of what I can do coord wise, just to be simple and warm. So I will basically be looking at styling.

Long T-shirts are fun, Modifying one that's already made
is a lot easier than making one from scratch.
This would be more in the beginning of fall but it's easy to pull off and not a hard coord at all.  Not exactly that shirt but you get the idea. 
These would be great, because they can don't take up much room so long as they're folded and put away. It's just making sure they're not too plain. I don't know if a print would be particularly good for this type of shirt, but giving it maybe some iron on designs. 

Hell even an applique would be nice depending on what it is. 

It really depends on personal choices and tastes. I'm sure not everyone will like them and there will be a couple of "This is not Gyaru." But come on not everyone can fit name brand and while it would be lovely to own a piece or two. I don't need a closet of name brand clothes wearing me, thank you very much. 









These are skinnies, but they are sweet and them boots...I need them stat. But I like this styling. Especially when it's paired with over sized tops or tunics. Solids and certain prints are always in when it comes to skinnies, leggings and yes even jeggings. I've seen bottom weight fabrics in stripes and some florals. 














Really like harem pants. Though I think they usually look better with sandals, I'm sure some mid calf boots would go great with them.  Yes they're a little summery but considering the weather has been weird they'll be good for the beginning of fall or just be made with a more cool weather fabric. And while jeans are always good to have in the closet. I don't want a closet full of them either. I don't know if I'm a fan of jeans with rips in them, so I really need a few pair in different washes and I should be good. I need to see what else can be worn with them though. I know form fitting tops look great with harem pants, but their should be other options. 














This is actually pretty damn clever. I've never tried layering like this before. 
I really like the look of layered clothing. And it's something I would like to try. Though I think this would be better for himekaji and probably gothic gyaru. It's still really nice. 









I really want all their outfits, but Fiona first. Love the hoodie.
Big bunny ears and all.
But as seen with Fiona in the middle there ( which I have every intention of making a similar hoodie) it can be done. There are plenty of options, and the length Fiona is wearing is about tunic length, which is great to wear with leggings, skinnies, or jeggings as well as regular jeans. Any shorter and it could be worn with a cute skirt or a nice pair of shorts...Stocking and otks would be necessary for the cooler weather. I would like to be cute, fashionable and warm, lol. 











Another good look for fall even though I would probably wear more jewel toned colors for the season. And as a project I'm gonna attempt knitting a Ski hat wit a big pompom on top. Should I attempt stitching some words into it? Dunno. I'll ask my friend Terri about mapping out patterns or stuff like that. She has more experience than I do. I will probably alternate between wigs and such. I think I only get away with my undercut now because it has grown in a little since my last shave which was probably 3 weeks ago. But it'll be cool and shaved head + cold air is not really fun at all. But I'm looking forward to the up coming projects. And I could get everything done before fall so long as I'm consistent. Anything involving skirts and dresses or anything over the top will probably be left for outings with friends . Also though I have in mind some circle coats I want to do. Saw some cute Giraffe fleece ( I know that's more udoli but I love giraffe print.) And For me, Even though I can buy clothes and probably will when I find some I really like. Making them is so much more exciting. 




Manaka is fierce!
But All in all if it isn't something I can sew unless it's just really that fab or I can't decipher how I could sew it, I am sure a good chunk of my wardrobe will be handmade. I just wish I had a bigger closet. I need to go through my shoes. I have lots of heels which is not a problem to me, but I do need some more flat shoes. Some of the fancier boots that I like are upwards of 200 dollars...which is real splurge if you ask me. And maybe just once I will though I know my mom wouldn't understand it for sure. 
I think I'll make a list for myself just to keep track of projects. Jegging/leggings won't take long or much space since I don't have to put them in my closet. It's just a matter of getting the fabric and when I lose weight I can always take them in. The hoodies and coats will require a little more work but Aren't difficult to make either. These items aren't new to me. Making dresses.. if it ain't something that stretches and doesn't require a particular cut. They are quite a task to take on. At least cutting an pinning. The sewing part is a little easier. Hemming is just a pain in the ass however. Especially if you're like me and I like things that flow and hang nicely. But all the clothes in the world won't look complete without accessories. Jewelry I try to keep as simple as possible. I don't have too many things with like rhinestones and stuff. Mostly because too much can be a bad thing. And the point of the gyaru is to be free, fun, sexy ( whatever that means lol), and unique, without looking cheap, guady, ratchet or taudry. And it's a really fine line you're walking there. Having mirror will also be your best friend. But Jewelry has never been something that I went over the top with. I hardly wear more than a necklace or two at a time when I do wear them. Same with bracelets. The only jewelry I wear more of that isn't a piercing are my rings. Two is the standard, but I will wear more if I feel they will complete a look. I have my eye on a piece of jewelry I saw at T.J Max. A Hand of Fatima to be exact. It had some...I'm gonna say either rhinestones or cubic zarconia on it. Simply beautiful. 

Next weekend I'll be posting about my workout regimen. It's still forming. Right now it's mostly strength training because of my flat feet. I need arch supports to lessen the pain of cardio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment