Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A review, two attempts and some gets

For the sake of laziness and time I'm not gonna edit these pictures with watermarks. Just wanted to show you my attempts at some gal makes ( two separate occasions) some new makeup I have purchased and a review of two foundations.  First the gets :


L.A Colors haul from Dollar General

I like the bottom lipstick a lot better than the top one which is like a frosty  orange pinky color that looks odd on me 

from walmart a maybelline lipstick ( that's frost pink) maybelline fit in 355 and also their  dream
nude airfoam 




Now onto the review
I'm killing two birds with one stone here and reviewing both foundations






Naked washed face ( looking like a derp) 

This is with the airfaom foundation I'm not really that impressed....and my face was mildly irritated , the coverage isn't that great to me

Now this is the Fit foundation ( no powder or concealer present) this is amazing. I need a lot less than I typically use with foundation. amazing coverage ( might have to go get the concealers and powder to match) it's light weight and at about 5 or 6 dollars I don'r really have a complaint about it. 
 Now onto Gal style makeup....now I always here that has to be contouring and bottom lashes and everything  else. now I've decided to show you both make from past occasions, and my two gal makeup attempts in the last week ( just practice )  


This is about two years ago...this actually was a gal attempt. I didn't really know false bottom lashes existed let  alone a need for contouring and everything else. It was simple and straight forward...I think I may have been wearing accent lashes which are my favorite type to wear over a full band

Sometime in about November early December. The style itself isn't particularly gal either. ( I was wearing the eyepatch because I had a pimple on my eyelid) now had I added some lashes both top and bottom and you could see the the other eye...maybe even a touch of blush.. This would seem Gal for me. again minimal makeup. pretty straight forward...was wearing bare minerals foundation here and finally found red lipstick I could wear. you can even see I have one circle lens ( there was no point in wearing the other) in

Another from about December. Wearing lenses, accent lashes and lipstick. pretty simple makeup in a different color.  could use some blush, but this looks Gal for me. nothing to heavy and over the top.

This was about Christmas time I believe. no lenses, no lashes, just makeup.  This is how I wear my makeup in general if I have a few minutes to get ready to go somewhere.

Now onto the Gal style make..

This was from  last sunday maybe.





I have on a full band of lashes I contoured my nose  and high lighted it as well. and there's blush and some  awkward color on my lip that obviously is not working....this was the third ( and the second I don't even want to show at all it was that horrendous to me, I look like I was on the border of self hate and I refuse to every show something like that online)  attempt after about a year or two....I had bottom lashes on before this photo but I'll be damned if I look like I have a spider son my face. 

same makeup as above. and honestly I hate this makeup. It looks awful and I rarely dislike my makeup this much. It makes me look weird and definitely makes me look like I'm trying way too hard to be someone I'm not ( hair is not done because I was focusing on the makeup itself with the practice) 


Now this is last nights attempt. I did no contouring here. I just wore some blush. I did  highlight my nose.  still no bottom lashes ( I will be purchasing some new smaller ones) the eyeshape is more natural to my own and I tried to keep the makeup more natural looking

You can see the liner a little better here and my lips are stained with a couple of colors to make it look more natural.  To me. This is Gal ( as far as the make is concerned I was putting lenses in at 2 in the morning when all I was practicing was the makeup itself) it is a little more  than my regular makeup, but not so over done that I changed my entire face and look like a whole new person.





My main issue as far as the makeup goes is that sometimes it looks like too much, the droopy eye look ( which was the second attempt I will not be showing) is too damn much and looks bad in my opinion. now if it works for you and you make it look good then fine but for me it's not a winner and not even a dead last. I just don't like it. And the styles of Gyaru I'm interested ( even tho Lolo contours as a himekaji Gal and it looks good on her. I'm not Lolo) don't seem to have a lot if any contouring involved, if it's just that well  blended that I can't tell then bravo but for me. that isn't gonna work. Not every technique works for everybody (even those who are experienced at makeup) 

4 comments:

  1. "My main issue as far as the makeup goes is that sometimes it looks like too much, the droopy eye look ( which was the second attempt I will not be showing) is too damn much and looks bad in my opinion. now if it works for you and you make it look good then fine but for me it's not a winner and not even a dead last. I just don't like it."

    I don't like the droopy eye look either. I have almond eyes and I know that look wouldn't flatter my eyes even if I tried.

    "And the styles of Gyaru I'm interested ( even tho Lolo contours as a himekaji Gal and it looks good on her. I'm not Lolo) don't seem to have a lot if any contouring involved, if it's just that well blended that I can't tell then bravo but for me. that isn't gonna work. Not every technique works for everybody (even those who are experienced at makeup)"

    I don't contour either. It doesn't flatter my big pudgy nose (which I love by the way). The singer Cassie before she got her nose done she had a pudgy nose and it didn't look right on her either and she is gorgeous!!

    Contouring flatters some people but It doesn't flatter my nose so I don't do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I should say dramatic contouring subtle contouring is okay when blended well but I don't even put in the effort to do that. I'm not interested in buying the extra cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do too much contouring on my nose just the bridge a bit and perhaps a little underneath. I do contour my jaw line and chin a bit. I stay away from the hollows of my face.

      Delete
    2. Can you explain what you mean by hollows on your face? I don't understand.

      Delete